|This page describes a hat: a set of related responsibilities that a single person takes on each year. See also the Roles page, and Category:Hat page.|
This role is responsible for managing and stocking the camp hookah lounge. This role requires work before and during the event.
- Ensure the camp has a working set of hookahs ready for the burn. There should be at least four operable hookahs. Purchase new ones to replace old worn-out hookahs. (Note: this includes checking/replacing hoses and all gaskets)
- Establish a daily budget of shisha and coals for each day the lounge will be open.
- Order the necessary amount of shisha and coals.
- Ensure all shifts have the necessary number of volunteers
- Ensure people are aware of and working their shifts, and the duties required
- Ensure at least two people of each shift know how to setup and maintain the hookahs
- Teach shift members how to do the above, if necessary
- Ensure that people appropriately clean and put away the hookahs, hoses, and other equipment (tables, tongs, ash bucket, shisha canisters)
- Track hookah, shisha, and coal status throughout the week. Maintain inventory and count of coals and shisha and make adjustments/announcements as necessary